If you’re new to Google Adsense, you may wish to start with this guide before following the guidance below.
Using theme hooks, it is possble to display Google Adsense ads in various locations on your site. In this guide, we will show you how to display ads at the start or end of blog post content.
How display Adsense ads at the start/end of post content
1. Go to your Google Adsense account and click on the “My Ads” button:
2. Here you can access all of your ads. If you have not yet created one, click the “New ad unit” button:
3. Select “In-article ads” from the options:
4. We recommend that you leave all of the options as defaults for best results. Simply enter a name at the top and click the “Save and get code” button:
5. Copy the code provided:
6. Go to the “pipdig > Theme Hooks” section of your WordPress dashboard:
7. Paste the code into the “End of blog post content” or “Beginning of blog post content” box, depending on where you would like the ads to be displayed.
For example, here we have pasted the code into the “End of blog post content” box so that ads are displayed at the end of each blog post:
The ad should now be displayed in your chosen location. Please note, it may take 24 hours for ads to start working on your site. Before that time, the ads may appear as blank white spaces.
If you need any help setting up your Adsense account you can reach the Google Adsense team on their support forum.