So you want to make a few pennies from your blog? There are a few ways you can do this without having glaring ads or selling your soul to a brand. Follow our simple steps below to start earning rewards from your hard earned time blogging.
Make sure you check your local regulations/taxes when it comes to earning an income from your blog.
AdSense is a service by Google which will display advertising on your site. which you can set up quickly and easily on your blog. You can choose where you want the ads, which size ads you want to display and you can manage it easily from your dashboard. It’s very simple to use and once you’re over the threshold (around $50 USD), the ad revenue will be deposited into your bank account – easy!
- Very quick to setup
- Set and forget
- Little control over advertising content
- Can look “cheap”
Affiliate links are another simple way to make a little bit of money off your blog. Affiliates allow you to link to a product and earning a small percentage of the sale if someone buys the item. There’s a few websites you can use for this – the most popular are www.shopstylecollective.com and www.rewardstyle.com – and, again, they’re very easy to use!
- Quick to setup
- More control over the products you advertise
- A more quality experience for your readers
- Requires time for you to research products
- You must manually create each link in order to track referrals
Collaborating with brands
This may be one for later, but once you’ve established yourself a little as a blogger, you can start working with brands. This one tends to come with time and gaining contacts in the blogging world, but after time you may find brands knocking at your door to work with you! Just keep creating awesome content and we’re sure the collaborations will come.
- Usually much better paid than other forms of advertising
- Can provide good quality content for your readers
- May help form long term relationships with brands/PRs
- Requires more manual work compared to automated ads
- May not be available to all bloggers immediately
Make sure you check your local regulations/taxes when it comes to making money and sponsored content.