If you’re starting your blog from scratch, it can be helpful to import some demo content so that you can see the main theme options available.
How to automatically import the demo content
If your site contains no blog posts, you can automatically import demo content by going to Appearance > Import Demo Content. If this option is not displayed for you, you can add it by installing the One Click Importer plugin. This will add the option to automatically import the content.
This feature will also import some example widgets too.
How to manually import some demo content
It is also possible to import some demo post content manually via the steps below.
1. Download this file by right-clicking and selecting “Download linked file as…”. The text for this option might be different depending on your browser. Save the file to your desktop.
2. Log in to your WordPress dashboard. Then go to “Tools > Import”:
3. Select “WordPress Import” from the options:
4. Upload the file which you downloaded in step 1. Click “Upload file and import”.
5. Do not change any of the options on the next page. Click “Submit” to continue.
If the import was successful, you should now have 20 blog posts which are displayed on your homepage.
Article tags: demo data